Monday 21 July 2014

CASE History

Hello all!

Been to my friend's son's 1st birthday party this afternoon. The weather is just warm and beautiful. It was a great garden party with lots of drinks, food and fun!

The card I am going to share today is the birthday card which I made for my friend's little boy. This card is inspired by Make The Day Special Stamp Challenge No 4:
I have to say this must be the hardest challenge I've ever had to face as you need to look back on your own early work (Eeek! How terrible!!) and CASE it, i.e. Copy And Share Everything. So I opened my old blog posts and I picked this card from 2010:
I like the layout of this card. So keeping a similar layout, I added my current idea/ style and this is what the current twist turned out to be:
Water colouring technique is hot at the moment so that is what I went for. I divided the card in half and water coloured the sky and the ground. Following the layout, I used the dinosaur footprint stamp from Lawn Fawn: Critters from the Past to "kind of" separate the background.
 
Here is a closer look of the main image from the same stamp set. I flicked the palm tree leaves up to give them more dimension. The little cup cake is from Lawn Fawn: Beep Boop Birthday set.  
I hope you like this card. Not sure if my crafting style has changed? Or not even sure if I have a style?  But I do hope that my work has improved from nearly 4 years ago.
 
Thanks for visiting and I will be back soon.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I love your card Julie... what a totally adorable card for a one year old lad :0) I can see just how you CASE'd your original card too, fab job!! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this month at MtDS x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments are always appreciated. ^_^